Swimming is a great workout and a fun way to cool off in the summer. One of the most important pieces of equipment you need is a good pair of swimming goggles.
Goggles keep chlorine and other chemicals out of your eyes, and they also help you see where you're going underwater. But if they're not properly maintained, they can actually do more harm than good.
In this quick read, we'll teach you how to clean your swimming goggles so that they last longer and continue to protect your eyes.
How often should you clean your swimming goggles?
The short answer is: after every use. It's important to rinse them off with fresh water as soon as you're done swimming, and then give them a more thorough cleaning at least once a week. This will prevent the buildup of chlorine and other chemicals, which can cause cloudiness and damage the lenses.
How to clean your swimming goggles
- Rinse them off with fresh water as soon as you're done swimming. This will remove any chlorine or other chemicals that could damage the lenses.
- Fill a small bowl with warm water and add a drop of mild dish soap. Swish the goggles around in the soapy water for 30 seconds to remove any dirt or grease.
- Rinse the goggles thoroughly with warm water, making sure to get all of the soap out.
- If there is any lingering soap, residue, or dirt on the lenses, use a soft cloth to gently wipe it away. Be careful not to scratch the lenses!
- Place the goggles upside down on a clean towel to air dry overnight.
- Once they're dry, store them in a safe place where they won't be exposed to sunlight or extreme temperatures until you're ready to use them again.
Cleaning your swimming goggles may seem like a chore, but it's actually very quick and easy to do! Make it a habit, to clean them (at least rinse them) after every swim session, and give them a more thorough cleaning once a week.
By taking proper care of your goggles, you can extend their life and continue to enjoy safe, comfortable swimming for many years to come.
Looking for the perfect swim goggles? Look no further than our Speedo swim goggles review! These goggles are perfect for competitive and recreational swimmers alike. They're comfortable to wear, provide great visibility, and won't break the bank.
So what are you waiting for? Click the button below to read more about our FavReviews research on Speedo swim goggles. You won't be disappointed!